Tuesday, June 24, 2008

When the boss is away........

Three glorious days without the boss. Don't get me wrong, I like my boss. He buys me flowers. But sometimes you just need a break. I am a lobby receptionist at State Farm's Regional Office. I work for AlliedBarton Security. I work in an office with 2 men. David is my boss. He sits directly behind me. Bill is my supervisor, he works behind me also. It's not so bad most of the time, but there are days David talks over me, doing my job. I usually just sit there and let him do it. It can be pretty annoying. So every 3 months David has to take a trip around the state. He has offices in Orlando, Tampa, Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Broward. So he is gone for 3 days. It is really nice having this reprieve. Bill enjoys it too, because him and David never see eye to eye. I call this their "Alpha Dog" syndrome. So it's nice not to have their little disagreements going on behind me, too. It really isn't as bad as I'm making it sound. I work with 7 guys, no girls. I've said this before, it's like having 7 other husbands sometimes. But they all treat me great. Here I am rambling on when all I wanted to really say is, with David gone, it's like a mini vacation.

6 comments:

Cecile said...

Enjoy your time away from your boss:))
He just sounds like a typical man though:))
J/K Not all men just some of them!
Cecile

Missy Glave said...

Bonnie ... it sounds like you have a wonderful work environment. And it is nice to have a little mini vacation from the boss ... even when you like him so much!

Simple Man said...

Enjoy your time while the boss is away....

About Me said...

WOW.How do you stand it with no female drama? JK

Bonnie said...

Trust me Trina, I miss having female companionship sometimes. If I'm having a terrible,need a female day, I go visit the girls in Human Resources.

bernthis said...

You are a very tolerant woman. I'm so guilt ridden that just having my bosses there all the time would make me so nervous I'd screw something up which would inevitably lead to me doing just that