Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trip to Ocala

My cousin, Yvette, is from Massachusetts. She just recently bought a mobile home in the Ocala National Forest, in a small town called Salt Springs. Ironically, she only lives 3 miles from my ex in-laws, whom my husband and I get along with and visit. Well today she wanted to meet at a flea market in Belleview, call the Market of Marion (for Marion County). Hut and I went and met Yvette, her husband Dick, his brother Billy and their neighbors Cheryl and Jack. It was so hot that we didn't stay maybe 30 minutes. Then we went out to eat so we could get in some air conditioning and visit. We ate a place called Pasta Faire. It was pretty good. Everyone got some kind of pasta plate except me and Hut. He got a hamberger and I got a salad. I should have taken pictures of the food, but felt kinda funny doing it so I didn't. Everyone enjoyed what they had. Yvette and her brother in law Billy will be driving back to Massachusetts tomorrow. She is planning a surprise party for her husband who is retiring after 40 years with the railroad. Dick won't be flying home until Thursday, so Yvette will have time to finish planning the party. We had a really good visit with them and can't wait for them to come back down. It's nice having family to visit with.

3 comments:

Cecile said...

Hi Bonnie
Sounds like a fun day and pasta I love me some pasta my favorite sauce is alfredo..YUM:))

Andi said...

It's always nice to get together with family. Ocala is a pretty area. I love pasta...especially Lasagna...so I would have a hard time ordering just a salad. With this heat I would have wanted to be in AC myself!

Missy Glave said...

I'm glad you and Jerome were able to spend some time with Yvette & company.

Next time you go to Belleview ... make sure you guys get to enjoy more time at the flea market.

We should try to find a way to go to Webster in November!!