Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cypress Gardens..........Page 4....the final day

Okay the first 3 days pretty much covered the "old" part of the gardens. We have now made it to the village which is all shops and restaurants and I don't know what I was thinking that I didn't take any pictures of the shops. Anyways, to start off with, they have had a really awesome train museum that has been at Cypress Gardens forever. A group of 7 volunteers have maintained the awesome train layout for many years. Unfortunately it was closed the day we went but since I really wanted all of you to see it, I "borrowed" photos off the web.

These photos show all the detail that went into this display. There were bits and pieces of all of the United States spread in no particular order in this very huge display.


These were some of the Santas they had on display at the Christmas shop. They also explained the different Santas but where my head was that day, I just don't know. I didn't photograph any explanations.
This is the butterfly observatory. The day we went there were no butterflies. But in a previous post of mine (Sunday, July 20) I have some great pictures of the butterflies that were there. They did however have some birds.
The rides were nearly impossible to get on. I did get more pictures but they are not that great. The previous owner had added rides hoping to bring in more business. The new owners are getting rid of the rides and reverting back to the old gardens (hopefully). This is a picture of Scott and Elaine in front of the Triple Hurricane Rollercoaster (so named for the 3 back to back hurricanes that hit us in 2004)
Last but not least is a firetruck that has been on display at Cypress Gardens since 1975. It is driveable and has been on sale on ebay off and on for years. Hopefully they will keep this piece of history. Thank you all for joining me on this final tour of the gardens.

5 comments:

Cecile said...

I have enjoyed the awesome tour::))
Thanks for sharing somehting that most of us will not have the chance to see in person!
See ya soooooonnnnnn.........

Cecile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Dawn said...

Triple Hurricane is an appropriate name for that roller coaster. It signifies emotional and maybe even physical disaster if you dare to ride it!
:-)

Pretty birdies.

I'm officially in the Chiristmas spirit, but I'm waiting to fully embrace it until the day after Thanksgiving, at which time I will go hog wild and start dragging out the boxes of Christmas stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!!
Eat well.
I sure will.

Missy Glave said...

I remember those train sets from when I was a little girl and I visited Cypress Gardens.

Thanks so much for the tour Bonnie!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

Thanks for the tour most intertaining---so where we going on our next vacation?