Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Detox...it's harder than you think.


Just wanted to update you on my progress. I have to be honest, this whole detoxing for 9 days is not as easy as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong....I love fruits and veggies. I just didn't think it would be so hard to eat just those everyday. So I have to admit, I have cheated a little. I am still eating mostly fruits and veggies, but yesterday I was craving mashed taters and gravy, so my wonderful hubby took me to Fred's to have some. And yes, Missy, that's all I got. Fred's is a southern style buffett, so it was soooo tempting to eat something else. But I did good.
I finished reading the second book of Dr. Smith's and I'm thinking that might be a better way for me to go. No detoxing. Just 3 weeks of cycles to stick too. The extreme diet is to take weight off more quickly but learn how to eat correctly while you are doing it. Its a very strict regimen that you have to stick to or you will not take off the weight. That includes the exercises and the amount of time to do them. So I am really toying with trying the extreme diet instead. I think it's more up my alley. I have to tell you that will power is not my strong point, so both diets are a challenge for me. But I am determined to lose enough weight to get back into my size 16 clothes and stay there. They tell you to lose weight for yourself and not for someone else. And I believe that. However sometimes you do it for others to better yourself. Here are the reason's I'm doing it for others besides myself:New Grandbaby Scianimanico.Layla and Diana.

Wade.Scott.And of course, Hut.

These are all great reasons why I'm trying to do this for myself.

7 comments:

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Sue said...
I know it's hard Bonnie, but try to hang in there a little longer. You've already got a couple of days done..try to finish the rest. DON'T GIVE IN OR UP! You can do it!
You have some very good reasons to stick to it, keep thinking of that.

Granny Annie said...

The most difficult thing about dieting for me has been my spouse. Ron always tempts me with, "Let's go out to eat and you can make it up tomorrow". That ALWAYS sounds good to me:)

Unknown said...

oh bonnie good luck to you with your goals... i am finally catching up... and will be back to posting on the angel blog so come check it out before too long!!! xox.... annie

Carole Burant said...

That's my biggest problem...no willpower!! I used to find losing weight so easy but as I've gotten older it's harder to do. Throughout the years I've tried so many diets but I just can't adhere to these strict diets...what I found the best for me is just to cut out night snacking and dessert. I know we just have to set our minds to it but it's getting to that point that's the hardest! lol Best of luck with your goal, you certainly do have a loving family who I'm sure will help you along the way:-) xoxo

Bonnie said...

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I appreciate it. Granny Annie, I have a husband just like that. If I didn't feel so uncomfortable and blah all the time, I wouldn't even try. Pea, I've given up evening snacks, I don't do dessert often, and I don't keep chips in the house (my biggest weakness). However, today I fell off the wagon. I have a serious family issue and I needed comfort food. Before you all freak out...the baby is fine. This has to do with my youngest son, Scott. Thanks again for all your encouraging words.

Susie Q said...

I am with yo on this sweetie...I need to do this too and yes. It is so hard. But when can lean on each other right??
I believe in you...
Love,
Sue