Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Renaissance Festival 2012

Liz and Scott invited us to go to the Bay Area Renaissance Festival with them this year. I have always seen advertisements and have wanted to go, but just never made it. It was so much fun. I didn't take very many photos as I was just enjoying the festival. And on the day we went, they had wedding vow renewals. So of course, we just had to to that. The renewals were done at the above named "FIDDLEWORTH CHAPEL".Hut and I next to the "chapel". You can see the king's squire in the background. And yes, Hut is wearing a crown. Thank you Burger King,lol.The king's squire getting the "chapel" ready for the king.The king and his court making thier way to the "chapel".King Henry, who officiated the service.Liz and Scott also renewed their vows. It was a group renewal so we don't have any pictures of the actual ceremony. Let me just say that if you thought it was going to be a serious service, you would have been quite wrong. Lots of fun and laughter.Hut and I with the King after the ceremony. Hut and Scott trying to hit some wooden "frogs" onto some floating lily pads. No success from either. But it was fun.Alot of people take this renaissance very seriously. These 3 photos are a small parade of people fully dressed in period clothing. It was a cool day. I couldn't imagine wearing some of the outfits they were wearing if it was hot.This lady was at a game similiar to the dunk tank. She had a bustier on, but from where I was standing she looks totally "nekkid" where she is sitting.Liz and Scott at a knife throwing game. The object was to get the knives to stick into the wooden targets. I think the knives were dull. None of them stuck.King Hut taking a break and waiting for a comedian to come out on stage. It was a good show although I can't explain exactly what he was doing while telling his jokes. He was swinging some type of balls on strings. I wish I had taken at least one picture. Oh well, there's always next year.We got to see a few minutes of a joust. Here is the horse "our" knight "William" was riding. Our Knight, William. They had a booth where you could shoot archery. Scott tried it out. He hit a couple of deer, some rabbits and lot of hay, lol. Then it started raining really hard and we had to call it a day. Oh and they were selling the cutest t-shirts that said "Once a king, always a king but once a knight is not enough." Think about it and I guarantee if you let your mind go in the gutter for a minute, you will have a smile on your face.