Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Great place to work

As I told you all previously, I work for a security firm for a large insurance company. Well I absolutely love my job. I work with 6 men ( I am the only woman). Sometimes, I have to admit, it's like having 6 other husbands. I check ID's all day, answer the phone, input info into the computer and type reports. I work in a corner office with a HUGE window. The company I work at has a working orange grove. Which means they take care of it properly and the trees produce fruit. They have a fruit company come in, pick the fruit and sell it. All the proceeds from the fruit sales go towards charity. They have also set aside quite a few acres of land that is not to be developed. We have alot of wild life on that land. There are coyotes (I just recently learned we had those in Florida). We also have bobcats, panthers, wild turkeys, possums, raccoons, squirrels, ducks, gators, eagles, owls, cardinals, and sandhill cranes. I have seen most of these at one time or another. But the sandhill cranes will come right up to the office window. It really breaks up the monotony of the day to see the wild life. I do have a picture of the cranes. If I can catch the other wildlife with my camera, I will be sure to share.

2 comments:

Missy Glave said...

I so miss seeing the sandhill cranes. Did you know they mate for life? They used to come visit us when we lived on Gerber Dairy.

Gosh I truly miss the wildlife we would see in Florida. I had no idea SF had that kind of ecological area. It's so good they chose to do that.

Cecile said...

That's a beautiful picture!
Cecile