Monday, June 16, 2008

Birthday Remembrance & Father's Day Gift

Today would have been my mother in law Syble's 75th birthday. She passed away when she was only 43 and I never had the opportunity to meet her. But over the years I've never heard anything but wonderful things about her. I wish I had had the chance to meet her. She has wonderful children that I am proud to call family. Happy Birthday Syble, these Birds of Paradise are for you. I know they were your favorite flower.




Hut got a PS2 and Guitar Hero 2 from the furry kids, Max and Miss Piggy, for Father's Day. He had played at Wade's house last weekend and really enjoyed it. I was able to get a really good deal on the package so we decided Daddy really needed it. He played this game for 2 1/2 hours straight after he got it.

Here he is trying to play. He is actually really good at it. I tried it, it's not as easy as it looks. I messed up twice and quit. Not sure if I'll try again, lol.
This is my attempt to show you what you need to do. There are different color keys on your guitar and you have to play them the same time as the screen shows you to. Let me tell you, the timing has to be perfect. You play along with popular rock songs. You get to pick a character for yourself, name a band (Hut's is the Possum Band). If you mess up to much you get booed off the stage. Hut always wanted to play a guitar, this is probably as close as he'll get.

5 comments:

Missy Glave said...

Bonnie, thank you for remembering Momma on her birthday. Everytime I see a bird of paradise I think of her.

Jerome looks like he's having fun with his guitar!

Cecile said...

Cole loves his Guitar Hero and plays for hours at the time.We got it for him at the end of the school year for his good grades.He has the 80's music one too and he loves that too:))
Hut looks like he is jammin!
Oh what a beautiful tribute to your MIL and Missy's Mom.
You are a sweetie!
Cecile

Sue said...

Hi Bonnie..
I think it's so nice of you to remember you MIL on her birthday even though you never met her. The flowers are beautiful too! My grandson has Guitar Hero and he loves to play it...morning, noon and night!lol

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful tribute to Momma...

Andi said...

Very nice tribute to your hubby's Mom.

Our grandson has Guitar Hero and loves playing it...can play for hours. I got booed off the silly thing and haven't wished to try it again. It is harder than it looks but like PacMan was...once you get the pattern down you can do it.