Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Great Place To Work

It's the Easter Turkey. Wild Turkeys hang out right outside our building. This picture was taken on Easter Sunday. There were actually 2 turkeys but I scared them while trying to take this picture and one flew away.


I mentioned in an earlier blog that I work at the State Farm Regional Office building in Winter Haven (well maybe not in so many words). It is a really great place to work and it's also a beautiful place to work. I took some pictures early on Easter morning while I was working. I haven't been able to share because I didn't have a scanner. My wonderful husband just bought me a new printer/scanner. So here are some pics of the beautiful place I get to work.


This is the front of the building. The big tree in the foreground was there before they built. State Farm saved alot of the original trees when they built. This building has been here since 1992.

This is the back side of the building. You can just see the building in the background. You can see the pond, which has a trail around it. It also has a picnic area on the side closest to the building. Ducks, squirrels, alligators (they don't stay long) and other wild life can be seen around the pond.


This is a not so great picture of one of the orange groves. If you look really close you can see oranges on the trees.


I wasn't the only one working Easter Sunday. This poor man was out spraying our orange groves. This picture is of the groves at the front of the building. The other picture was in the back of the building.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

You work at a very cool place...all the animals and tractors too....WOW

Bonnie said...

That is my crazy husband leaving a comment, not me leaving a comment for myself LOL.

Missy Glave said...

LOL ... Jerome is funny.

The State Farm facility and grounds are beautiful! You do have a beautiful place to work, indeed.

Andi said...

I laughed too about Jerome leaving a comment for you...that was sweet!

Now I have to tell you Bonnie that I've probably driven by the State Farm Regional Office a zillion times. I remember when this new building was built and back when they were out on Highway 17/Lake Alfred Road. But with all that, you've given me a completly different perspective on the place with your post...cool!