Thursday, July 17, 2008

Old Friends and New Friends

Make new friends, but keep the old.....one is silver and the other's gold! Remember that song. I remember singing it in Brownies. I have to tell that I don't have any girlfriends that I hang out with and do things with. And it's really hard on me sometimes, but I just never got close to anyone after I got out of school and got married(the first time). But then I married a wonderful man, who has a wonderful sister and she became my best friend. The she moved to Virginia. So I'm back to square one. But thanks to the internet, we can keep in touch with photos and blogs and emails. And because of the internet I have met up with a great "old" friend from high school and a great "new" friend from blogging. I just had a wonderful day today with these friends. My "old" friend, Mary Anne, is in New Hampshire. She actually found me on the internet and I'm glad she did. It is so great catching up with her and her 5 grandkids. And then there's my new friend, Cecile, who lives in Georgia. And in between both is Missy, who is in Virginia. I really look forward to hearing from these friends. Thank you guys for being my friend......you are truly cherished.

I know this is a little hard to see but this is my "old" friend MaryAnne with her son Danny on his wedding day.

And this is my new friend, Cecile. We met blogging and I think we just sort of clicked. Check out her blog by clicking on her name next to this blog.

Missy, I'm sorry girl, but I tried to get a photo of you twice and for some reason I couldn't. You can check out Missy's blog and see a picture of her by clicking her name next to this blog.

PS. The Bake Sale at State Farm last month made $943.10. This allowed them to send 105 boxes to our troops. Way to go!

6 comments:

About Me said...

I have a few good friends, I love Cecile to death. But sometimes friends can do things that cut to the bone. I am in that situation now with someone that I truly thought would never hurt me, but boy was I wrong......And just because I was nice to someone else. Keep your chin up:)

Missy Glave said...

Awwww ... Bonnie ... what a nice post!!

I'm so glad you reconnected with your girlfriend from high school. That's so nice!

And I jus LOVE Cecile too. She's so real and kid and sweet.

I miss you too ... you KNOW that. I wish we didn't live so far away from each other. Gosh, I remember so many of the good times we've had in the past. You and Jerome HAVE to come and visit us! And we will be home in November to see you guys!!

Missy Glave said...

I really botched that post about Cecile ...

What I meant to type was:

And I just LOVE Cecile too. She's so real and KIND and sweet.

LOL ... my fingers weren't "thinking" this morning.

Jill LaFaye said...

What a sweet..sweet post:)

Have a great weekend!

Cecile said...

Awww...I feel so blessed to have met Bonnie and Missy and I love yall to pieces and cherish our friendship:))
And Bonnie,I am so happy for you how nice for you to reconnect with a good friend!
Thanks so much for the sweetest words you made my night:))
Love ya,
Cecile

Andi said...

How wonderful for you to reconnect with your high school friend. And Cecile is wonderful...I just love her. And as far as your sister-in-law Missy goes...well she's the very BEST!!! They don't come any sweeter than Missy. She's such a lovely person.