Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Great News!

Before I get to my news, I want to thank Gary & Andi for their comments on my bike ride. I will research any and all history and anything I think would be of interest I will share. Thanks for the great ideas!

Now for my "Great" news. I went to the doctor today and he has taken me off of one of my diabetes pills (Actos, the one that caused me to gain weight) and one dose of Amaryl. He checked out my glucose readings and was very impressed. And he said if my morning reading stays below 120 for the next 30 days I will totally come off of the Amaryl, too. So that will only leave the Metformin. And I don't have to go back to see him for 3 months. I am still on my blood pressure medication, plus iron pills and B vitamins. But hey....if I keep going the way I'm going, maybe the next time I see the doctor, he'll take me off of something else. I was so thrilled about being taken off those meds and now hopefully I can start taking the weight back off. Everyone have a great night. I know I am.

6 comments:

Cecile said...

I am so happy to hear the great news from the dr.'s you rock chick!!!Keep up the awesome work I need a little motivation on the weight loss:))
Love ya!
Cecile

Missy Glave said...

Bonnie, that is incredible news!! Wow ... you have been doing so well and this just goes to show hard work does pay off. Yaaaaaa!!!

Kalo's World said...

Thanks for your support with the Mutt Strut. Good luck with your diabetes, hope you continue to do well.

Andi said...

That is great news Bonnie! I know it's always wonderful when you get to stop taking a medicine!

Sue said...

A big WAY TO GO BONNIE!! Keep up the great job you're doing. When I lost the weight last year, I was able to go off the BP meds all toghether...you can do it!

Missy Glave said...

Bonnie ... where are you? Everything okay? You haven't blogged since Tuesday!