Sunday, September 21, 2008

Out with the Old, In with the New

I have been a slacker this week. Not sure why. No excuses, no explanations. But today, Sunday, starts a new week, and hopefully I'll have some energy to do things this week. I did start by getting my hair cut. I have been long debating about letting the grey grow in. Last week I bought bleach blonde dye hoping it would blend well with the grey. The more I thought about it, the more I didn't want to dye it. So I have a box of bleach blonde dye if anyone is interested. I decided a haircut was what I really needed. And the hairstylist at Walmart knew exactly the kind of cut I needed. Her name is Tammy. Hats off to you for being able to understand what I wanted. This is before haircut. Boy do I look like an old witch. Seeing this picture made me realize I am too old for long hair.
I really love this cut. She put alot of layers in it, like a shag cut. It really made my natural curls come out. The picture really doesn't do it justice, but you can tell the difference. I don't think I look so old in the second one. I think if I keep up with the haircuts like I should, the grey will grow in and not be so noticable as it grows in. I know that I really feel a whole lot better about my hair.

This is my handsome husband. He got a haircut today,too. It's basically a mullet, but he'll tell you it's a catfish. It's very short in the front and very long in the back. He is growing his hair to donate to "Locks of Love". You have to have hair at least 10 inches long to donate. His is 6 inches. So only 4 to go. He said once it's long enough, he's cutting it, donating it, and then starting all over again.

12 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

I like women with moderately short hair---I think it makes them perky looking

Cecile said...

Look at you!!! You look great and as you said younger too i really like the cut and I like Hut's too I kinda see a little bit of Hut in Griffin???Maybe it's just me but I see it!!! Kuddo's to Hut for donating his locks he's a good man!!!

Missy Glave said...

Oh Bonnie ... I love, love, love your new haircut!

And I love that Jerome is growing his hair out for Locks of Love!

Cecile, you know ... I've always thought Griffin favored my brother too. Especially when Griffin was younger and had darker hair and still had blue eyes! Sometimes I look at him and I still see bits of Jerome in him.

Andi said...

Oh my gosh...I had no idea your hair was so long Bonnie. You had it put up when I saw you at the bank. Love the new cut...very nice!

Also nice that your hubby is donating his hair to Locks of Love!

Andi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie Q said...

I love your new haircut! You look so pretty!

Way to go Jerome! My Grace donated 10 inches of her hair this past Summer and it is such a wonderful thing to do.

Love,
Sue

Susie Q said...

Oh, Bonnie? I added your name to my blog rolls...I do hope that is alright with you?

Sue said...

Bonnie your cut just perks your face up so much! I agree...you get to a certain age and long hair just doesn't look good... that's why mines short..lol Way to go to your hubby for donating his hair, my daughter in law does that every year.

Jill LaFaye said...

I love your new do!
Short hair is just easier..isn't it?

About Me said...

Love the haircut. It does make you look younger. I've got to get with Cecile and see what we can do to mine. Right now it has the blahs.

yanmaneee said...

balenciaga
michael kors
cheap jordans
air max 270
yeezy
off white clothing
nike sneakers
yeezy boost 350
yeezy boost 500
yeezy boost

teymmea said...

e4b24m3x81 q5f35z4z51 c5o00d8h29 k2y00l3t41 j2b90s5e26 u9i28e9s50