Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Bike Ride is a BUST.....

.....literally. I'm not sure what happened but my exercise bike just froze up. Won't pedal. Won't do anything. Hut, the big "he man" that he is, can't seem to figure it out either. Could explain why it was only $10 at a yard sale. Such a deal. So I'm sorry everyone, but the bike ride is off. Not that I was really good about riding consistently but at least I got on it every once in awhile. Guess I'll have to pull out the old "torture device", the glider. We'll have to see. Or maybe I'll get lucky and one of my kids can figure out what's wrong with the bike. Anyways, I'm off to the kitchen to have some Minestrone soup and then on to the couch to watch DWTS (one of hubby's favs, I'll probably have my nose in a book). And then hopefully I can sneak into his room to watch the season premiere of NCIS. Have a great night.

11 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

sorry to hear the old bike up and died on ya---but things like that do happen----shoot the poor critter and put it out of its misery is what I say.

Cecile said...

Sorry to hear about your bike:((
I will be scrappin tonite so enjoy your shows:))

Unknown said...

Of course cheap exercise bike will trouble a lot. With there less features they cannot give perfect workouts. So proper care must be taken while purchasing a exercise bike for individual workouts. These bikes are very convenient in the sense that they can be used anytime and under any weather conditions in the comfort of your home and achieve the same benefits. You can get more information about exercise bike which I browsed on internet can fetch you help.

Sue said...

Sorry you had to cancel the bike trip Bonnie, I was so looking forward to your "visit"...maybe a walking tour would work? Good luck with whatever you decide on...YOU CAN DO IT!

Andi said...

I'm sure glad you at least made it as far as my place...even though I wasn't home!!! Sorry the bike went bust. You're right...that's probably why is was such a bargain!

Missy Glave said...

Bonnie, sorry to hear your exercise bike isn't working ... maybe you can find another one if you want to. Is that store "Play It Again Sports" still over there on Cypress Gardens Boulevard? They might have something.

Susie Q said...

Oh wow..I am sorry it it causinng trouble. My Mom got one at a garage sale years ago for 5 bucks. It is still going which is unbelieveable. Wish I could pass it on to you now...
I was hoping you would be riding through Ohio so I could fix you dinner!

Jill LaFaye said...

I hate to hear about your bike trip being cancelled..

..hopefully you will be riding again real soon!

Have a great weekend!

About Me said...

Sorry your bike bit the dust. But don't give up the exercise.

Andi said...

Okay Bonnie...just because your bike ride is a bust doesn't mean you have the okay to stop blogging!!! Come out and play here with the rest of us!

Granny Annie said...

When I ride my exercise bike my husband says, "I'm glad you're not peddling your ass all over town."

I got mine at a yardsale for $15.00 and it works quite well. Must be the higher price. Venture out any weekend to the flea markets and yardsales and I'm betting you'll find another exercise bike.

I'm getting to work on pictures.