Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Black Friday


Back row from left to right is Missy, Bonnie, Cecile and front row is Martha (Cecile's mom) and Andi.

Well I'm not one of those crazy people who gets up in the middle of the night to get the best bargains. I'm old and need my sleep too much. So instead, I slept in a little while and then went to lunch to meet some "old" friends for the first time and visit with other friends. Cecile and her family had come down from Georgia to Daytona for the Turkey Rod Run. The TRR is an event for car enthusiasts and it is HUGE. Well Cecile's husband, Jeff and her son Cole, gave up time with Cecile and her mom, Martha, so that they could drive to Winter Haven for a visit. It was really wonderful to finally meet Cecile and "prove" to her mom that we were not Cecile's imaginary friends ,lol. Also joining in on the lunch was Missy and Andi. Missy, as you all know, is my SIL and Andi has been Missy's close friend for many years. It was so much fun getting together with everyone, but 2 hours was just not enough time. So hopefully next year we can make it a whole day. Cecile and her mom are fantastic. I felt like we had known each other all our lives. I am hoping to work a trip up to Savannah in this year so I can see Cecile's neck of the woods. I so enjoyed ya'll's company that day ( and Andi and Missy). Thanks for coming by for a visit. My camera didn't want to cooperate that day, so I only have two pictures and they aren't very good. And Cecile is missing in one, so I'm only sharing the one at the top of the post. And Susie Q you are more than welcome to come on down next year. The more, the merrier.

5 comments:

Andi said...

It was such a fun time getting together last Friday Bonnie. I enjoyed every minute of it as well and it was extra special to get to meet Cecile and Martha in person.

Granny Annie said...

I would have loved to have been a little birdie at your gathering. It had to be fun.

I was opening you blog before I went out to close up the chickens. It was opening black and when I came back it was red -- or am I crazy?

Do you know who won the music CDs? I can't open the site.

Missy Glave said...

Bonnie ... I had a great time too!

Next year we'll definately have to plan for a longer time together. I totally think a field trip to Lavender & Lace and then to The Barn is a GREAT idea!!

I don't like to shop either ... after lunch I just went home, didn't even go into one store.

About Me said...

I'm glad you all had a good time.

Jill LaFaye said...

OMG! There you are all together..ugh..I wish I lived closer:(