Friday, December 19, 2008

Blue Santa's

A few months back I mentioned that I collect Pepsi items and Blue Santa's. I did a blog on the Pepsi items and since it's Christmas...I'll show you my Blue Santas. I apologize for the pictures. I only took a few and I didn't really pull any out.....it was too hard. This old lady had to get on the floor to take the shots she did and then it took and act of God and her wonderful husband to get her back up lol. Not a great pic, but this is where it all began. My mother bought this for me back in 1999 while she was visiting family in New England. She bought it in New Hamshire. Blue being my favorite color and my favorite man looking very much like Santa.....a light just went off in my head. And so it begins....You know you're a goner when you buy Mickey in a Blue Santa suit. This is my second Blue Santa. This is the top shelf of my small cabinet that I keep my Santas in and yes I keep them out year round.And here is the bottom shelf. I have 58 Blue Santas so far. And yes I know some of them in the picture aren't blue, so let me explain. When Hut first became an assistant to the man in red, the gift shop I worked in had this adorable set of 12 Santas. Each one represented a different month. They are in the front here and you can see April thru December. I also have a number Cypress Gardens Santa that I had to have because I worked there. And I also have a Santa with some wolves because the LOML (love of my life) wanted it and who am I to refuse. And yes in the background of the last photo, those are snowballs you see. I've had them for about 10 years. I got them at Cracker Barrel. They look just like snowballs and they smell like vanilla. And yes, even after all these years they still smell. I just love them.

Also something that I just realized I am collecting are Santa and Mrs. Claus's and Elves (because my sons both were elves growing up and my 21 year old did it again with us this year. Can you picture a six foot tall elf, lol? Will share pics of that as soon as I get them). So here are some photos of my new collections. I bought this corner cabinet a few weeks ago and it's the perfect place for my new collections. This is the elf shelf. There is an elf house in the back. Three elves in front of that with dogs (of course) and then my son Wade bought me kissing elf salt and pepper shakers. On the right are a couple of elves I found at Walmart.....one with dark hair and one blonde. Wade is blonde and Scott is dark headed. So these were perfect.

See Santa in the background with the elf? In the next photo you will see the Mrs. that goes with him. I found them separated at a yard sale for a quarter each. They just needed to be together. The dancing Santa and Mrs. on the right is my first set. We got them at Lowe's last year. The one in the sleigh in the front we got at Home Depot this year. They are both musical.

Okay there's the Mrs. fixing Santa's red suit. Aren't they just adorable? And the couple to the left is a salt and pepper set that I got from Avon this year.Last but not least is the dish that looks like an envelope addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Claus at the North Pole. I have to tell you that the LOML bought this at Cypress Gardens the last day it was open. I wasn't even with him. He saw it and he said he just had to have it. How appropriate. He may not be the most romantic guy in the world, but he has his moments. After seeing this post I guess you could say we eat, sleep and live the life of the Clauses.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have some very pretty collectibles.I have never seen so many blue Santas.Really I have only seen few in my life.

Cecile said...

Wow! I love all of your blue collection.Girl,you have alot of pretties to dust::))

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

now them are a lot of Santa's ya got. I was collecting Movie video's, was specializing in Movies starring Betty Davis initially, but then kinda branched out----now have close to 700 movies on the wall----collecting stuff is a disease I tell ya!!

Andi said...

What a wonderful collection you have! Your blue Santa's are really nice.

Love the envelope dish...so pretty and so sweet of your hubby to get it for you.

Merry Christmas!!!

Don't forget you have a tag over at my blog!

Andi said...

Oh...I just read Gary's comment...collecting stuff might actually be a disease...but I have it too!!!

Missy Glave said...

I thought I commented on this blog ... shucks!

I love your Blue Santas ... they are soooo wonderful. It's so special your collection was started with a single gift from your mom.

I love you Guys!
Missy