Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Snow Central........that's a wrap!

As I mentioned in an earlier post....Santa has been doing Snow Central for 10+ years. This year my son Wade's girlfriend, Erin, took pictures for us. We've had thousands of pictures taken but have never had any of our own. So here are some pictures of Snow Central 2008 (Dec.18). Thank you, Erin, for taking the pictures.

Before I get to pictures of us...let me show you some other things that go on in Central Park during Snow Central.
Of course there is snow. The picture at the beginning of the blog is a snow pile for playing in. This picture here is the bottom of the sled area that they make.This trailer is the actual "hill" they put the snow on so people can go sledding.

The Fire Department gets in on some action. They bring a fire truck to all these events and the puppet show trailer. The puppet show teaches children about fire safety.And of course the Police Department sends out their DARE car, with Officer Terry Bowden. McGruff was also at the event earlier in the evening.

Home Depot and Lowe's take turns at this event with building projects for the kids. Home Depot was at this event and even Homer Depot was visiting.
This is a train ride they had for the kids. Santa and the Mrs. get to ride in on this every year. McGruff usually is along for the ride. They also had quite a few bouncy houses for the kids.

Here is Santa with one of his littlest visitors.
Here's Mrs. C and Scott D'elf (thanks Missy).

Santa with some visitors.This one's not so sure........Mrs. C even had some friendly visitors...some that didn't want to wait for Santa and thought I was the next best thing and other that just wanted to see the "old gal" because she usually stays at the North Pole.Even Scott D'elf was a popular "Kodak Moment" since elves usually stay at the Pole with Mrs. C.

And you all know how much Santa and I love our "furry family". So it just seemed right to have pictures taken with "furry friends". This is Maxine, who was just a little nervous. Must have been the antlers.This is Santa with Jasmine. Hard to see but she has the cutest little dress on.While Santa was kept busy with lists and wishes from the little ones.....I got to have my picture taken with some really cool people.Since I was seated very close to the Papa John's booth....it only seemed appropriate that I have my picture taken with the slice of pizza.This is Erin, our wonderful photographer. Without her these pictures wouldn't be possible.This is Uncle Billy ( my 2 boys Uncle). He thought he'd be cute and sit on my lap. Can't wait to share this with the rest of the family, lol.

Erin also took pictures of Santa,the Mrs, Scott and Wade, but for some reason they aren't on this disk. So when I get my hands on those, I will definitely share those with you. Sorry this post is so long. I hope you enjoyed the pictures. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I know I did.

5 comments:

Cecile said...

I know the Clause's love the animals and I love the picture of Santa and the baby::))

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you had a great holiday. things have been so bad here. April did get your box and loved it. She is haven some hard times. I will wait and let her tell that though.
Brenda

Susie Q said...

This is absolutely wonderful!!
YOU ae just wonderful too!

Happy new year dear Bonnie...to you and Hut. Bless you and may 209 be a sweet one for you and all those you love!

Love,
Sue

Missy Glave said...

Wow ... what a great event. I had no idea all the things they did at Snow Central. We'll have to try to be there in December, maybe even next year.

Bonnie, the things you and Jerome do (Scott & Wade too) are just wonderful. You give of your time and love ... that's just the most wonderful thing. Thank you for doing that.

I'm so glad Erin was there to take these awesome pictures!

Andi said...

All of your pictures are wonderful Bonnie! Looks like you and Santa brought lots of fun and happiness into the lives of many people.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year...all the best in 2009!