Sunday, September 6, 2009

Busy Saturday

What a busy day we had yesterday (Saturday). We were scheduled to visit Scott from 2:45 to 4:45 so decided to head out early to get a few things done. We had bought some yard toys for the kids when they visited but Skylee and Tyler don't come over like they used to. My sister Holly babysits them alot, so we took the toys to her house yesterday on the way to St. Cloud.Here is Skylee playing with this front door toy. She loved playing with it a my house. She had fun with it yesterday. Here's a picture of Tyler....isn't he growing like a weed. My nephew got lucky with these babies. They are both happy little ones.
After that it was on to St. Cloud. We were supposed to meet Wade's friend Bobby and his wife Keren and their new little beautiful girl Shyenne. But stupid me put Bobby's phone number in my house phone and not my cell phone. So we didn't get a chance to meet up with them. Hopefully next time. I gave Bobby my cell phone number to there will at least be one of us that can connect. After that mess up, we decided to grab some lunch in town before heading to the jail to visit Scott. We got a hold of Diana and her and Layla came and sat with us to visit, since they had just finished a BIG breakfast with friends Amber and Tony and their 3 kids. We made plans with them to meet up after Hut and I got done visiting with Scott.
The visit with Scott was a good one. I hated seeing him behind the glass but it was good to see he was doing good. He's just bored out of his mind. He's not big on reading so books are pretty much out for him. He did buy a deck of cards and he's been playing with some of the other inmates. Plus one of the guys is teaching him how to draw. He seems to be enjoying that alot. So that's something. We scheduled a two hour visit but only one person can go in at a time. So I got the first hour. Hut went in the second 1/2 and only stayed 20 minutes. He said him and Scott got kind of emotional. For me, it was just being nervous. I kept fidgeting with my hands and Scott kept playing with his inmate ID. I guess we didn't get emotional because we are trying to be strong for each other. I have done my share of crying and I'm sure before it's all said and done I will do more. All in all it was good. I did set up another visitation for 2 weeks out just in case. But I"m being optimistic I don't have to use it.
After our visit with Scott, with went to see Diana and Layla. Diana was shampooing the rug but when she finished we all decided to head to DownTown Disney. Poor Wade had to work a double. He got off around 8pm and drove out there to meet up with us for a little while.

Here's Layla & Diana in front of the Mickey topiary.And me and Hut looking like a couple of tourists. Thanks for taking this Diana, we don't get many pictures of us together.Layla and Nana decided to get our faces painted. Layla's is like Tinkerbelle (her fav) and mine's a bird that Layla picked out. Anyone who knows me knows I do NOT need an excuse to get my face painted. I do it even when there are no kids with me. Here I was trying to get a close up of me and Layla in the mirror, but as you can see the camera didn't cooperate.Here's Layla with her Tinkerbelle head dress. She really didn't want her picture taken with it on...but she let Nana take one. Layla really doesn't like hats or headbands or anything on her head. Isn't she just beautiful in this picture??Walking around there are many inanimate characters to have your picture taken with. Our first encounter was with Buzz Lightyear. Notice Grampy in the background trying to blend in.Then we ran into a couple of princess....Princess Layla got her picture taken with Aurora and Cinderella.We ran into Daisy and Donald (who was a little "grumpy") at the Pin Trading store.Then we met up with Mickey and Minnie on the other side of the Pin Trading shop.

Nana's favorite shop is the Christmas Shoppe. So the family let me go look around that shop. In the back of that shop they have a room that is nothing but the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff.

In that shop I met up with a couple of Gangsta Chicks and a thug named Wade. Layla and Diana goofing for the camera with these really cool hats. It was almost 11 by the time we got done. We were all happy tired and it was time to go home.


Granny Annie said...

Love the photo of you and Hut.

I am certain God sent you Layla at a perfect time. She is such a treasure and even when the new baby arrives, Layla is going to have a special spot in Nana's heart forever.

Missy's Blog said...

I'm glad you were able to go visit Scott. Just your being there for him is what he needs right now. Even though it may be uncomfortable ... you were there and that's whats important.

Love all the Downtown Disney pics. I love that picture ofyou and Jerome. You and Layla look so pretty with your faces painted too.

I love you guys.

PEA said...

That's the most adorable Tinkerbelle I've ever seen:-) I so enjoyed all the pictures taken downtown Disney and how I would love to go there. I don't think too many people will ever outgrow Disney:-)

Good that you were able to visit with Scott. I remember going to visit my brother Denis in the penitentiary, we were all so nervous and scared to see him in there.

Happy Labour Day to you and yours:-) xoxo

Brenda Eason said...

Great photo's so glad you got to visit with both boys.
It sounds like you had a great time. Layla is a doll and I love that green on her.

Sue said...

I'm happy you were able to visit Scott. Hopefully you won't need to use the reservation you made for the next visit and he will be home with ya'll. Love the pics...LayLa is so cute...and the face paintings are fantastic!!