Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Is your mailbox lonely????

Yesterday as I was catching up on reading blogs, I read one that GRANNY ANNIE had posted about no one writing letters anymore. So what I want to do is challenge everyone who reads this to send at least one letter or postcard a month. And birthday cards or holiday cards do not count.
Send a letter to a family member, good friend, someone you haven't talked to in awhile. Write a card to a shut in, a disable vet, any one in the armed forces. I'll bet anyone would love to get something besides a bill in the mail every once in awhile. You can choose to do this the same day every month or just whenever you choose. But I am challenging you all to send one letter a month to someone. If you have kids, challenge them to do the same. It will give your computer a break and put a smile on your mailman's face.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what a nice thought!!! im definittely going to give it a try!!1 xox... annie

Brenda Eason said...

True Bonnie. Mine is lonely and so is my home.I know the elderly must feel it. I know when I worked just me showing up brightened there day.
I know as hard as we have had many need us worse.

Sue said...

Great idea Bonnie! Actually I just mailed a letter off to my Dad who is a shut in. My step mother told me the highlight of his day is when the mail man comes. I sent him a three page letter (typed) and a map to show him where I live now. I'm going to try to do this at least twice a month.

Carole Burant said...

I used to have 62 penpals from all over the world and all my spare time was taken up with writing long letters. I did that from the time I was 14 to 45!! My letters were from 10 to 15 pages long....so I did my fair share of writing! lol I had to stop, though, because the cost of postage became ridiculous for overseas mail and the interest just wasn't there any more. I do miss it at times, though. As you say, there's nothing more thrilling than getting a long handwritten letter in the mailbox instead of only bills:-) xoxo

Granny Annie said...

You will be my subject for the letter writing challenge for September so be watching your mail:)