Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You Might Be A Redneck If..........


............you have a Chicken Tree in your front yard. My neighbor has a ton of chickens running around. They like to roost in a tree in our front yard. We used to have around 30 of them in the tree, we are down to 5 hens & roosters and 3 chicks.

This is a hen and rooster roosting together. They all head to the tree around 8pm every night.


This is a white hen. She hangs around with a black hen, that wasn't ready to roost yet. I call them Salt n Peppa.

This is a momma hen with 2 of her 3 chicks (the other chick was trying to get up the tree when I was taking pics). The chicks are right underneath her. I don't know how they all stay up there. When the 3rd chick got there, he climbed under her too. The tree at the top is a crepe myrtle and that's where they roost.




This picture has nothing to do with the Chicken Tree. It's my friend the Sandhill Crane at State Farm. I love how he looked in the window so I could take a photo of his face. Love this pic and wanted to share.


And to finish this off.....Gary tagged Missy, who tagged everyone else. If anyone is left, I tag you! Here's my version:

"As we finished lunch and began setting up our equipment, we agreed to take the warning seriously. We had brought along our newest toy........ a thermal-imaging camera that would show us variations in temperature in more dramatic terms than any electronic temperature gauge.

Grant and I headed for the room where the first sergeant had hung himself."

This is from Ghost Hunting by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson of TAPS. One of my fav shows and the book was really good.

4 comments:

Wendy's Blog said...

That is so funny and true.

Check out my blog and hope we can become blog friends soon. I live in PA

Cecile said...

I am loving your redneck Chicken Tree my Son would love to play in your yard!Thanks for the e-mail:))
Cecile

Missy Glave said...

Okay ... so Bonnie ... that is the FUNNIEST thing in the world ... I had no idea!!

Of course I remember Daddy's pet chicken Betsy, but I didn't know the neighbors had 30 chickens!!

Anonymous said...

A CHICKEN TREE......all we need now is a dumplin' bush....for Sunday dinner