Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Worried

Not something I really want to blog about, but all my blogging buddies are my comfort zone. I am really worried about my husband. 5 years ago this month he had a heart attack. Should have been an eye opener but.......no. He just says he had a weak moment. He didn't have any surgery, wouldn't let them do a cath, quit taking his meds (which ended up in the garbage out of date). Now he is having the same symptoms again. I don't know what to do. He won't go see a doctor. He tells me he is fine. I don't believe him. I'm scared to death. 49 is too young to be a widow. And I don't want to be one at any age. If he is getting ready to have another heart attack, I'm not so sure he'll survive this time. Liz, my son Scott's girlfriend, is a cardiac nurse. She recently moved into the house with us. She is very concerned too and has been questioning the doctors at work about what she can do to help. We had a long talk about Hut last night while he was at the Sheriff's meeting. I got to crying. I love my husband so much and I don't understand how he can be such a selfish mule. He has beautiful grandbabies to watch grow up, two stepsons and their women who love him dearly. And me, but I'm just the wife. I'm just so frustrated and aggravated and oh, so many other feelings that I just don't know how I feel. Thank you for letting me vent and hopefully Hut will come to his senses soon. I love you guys, thanks for being there.

4 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Bonnie, unfortunately some people think the "big one" will never happen to them and they turn a blind eye to any sign that there is a problem. Could you ask him to go get checked out for his grandbabies, if not for you? That you're really worried about him and won't rest until he gets checked out? I know how stubborn some men can be but hopefully he'll realize how much this really has you worried. If not, I'm comin' over to knock some sense into him! lol xoxo

Granny Annie said...

Once again it is time for my favorite quote: "Worry is a prayer for something you don't want".

With our adult men in our lives we can only let go and let God. Bless your heart.

Missy Glave said...

Seriously ... all Jerome has to do is read your blog post and he would know how scared you are. Oh my gosh ... my brother needs to do something NOW to get help. Liz is a professinoal, she knows what she's doing. You are his wife and you see the symptoms ... I know it's probably scary for him sometimes it's just easier not to know. But if the symptoms are there ... it's just a matter of time before it happens. I love Jerome and I do not want anything to happen to him. Griffin needs his Uncle Rome too. Please, please I hope he goes to the doctor.

Cecile said...

Don't quit pushing him to go get checked out..Unfortunatly men are very stubborn when it comes to health.I agree with Missy he needs to read this blog post and he will see how much you care:)Big Hugs!!Love Ya!!